I hope I don’t oversleep. I’m supposed to wake at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow to roll out of Manhattan on The Huffington Post‘s pre-dawn party bus to DC. I’m going to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or March to Keep Fear Alive. Yay Stephen Colbert! (Watch him tell congress he doesn’t want his fruits and veggies picked by Mexicans, or buy his book I Am America (And So Can You!).) Yay Jon Stewart! (View his Obama interview; buy his book Earth: A Visitor’s Guide to the Human Race). For those of you not going to DC, I’ll take pictures, videos and post tweets of the rally to take you along. Good times to be shared by all! By the way, if any of you know of other not-be-be missed events, exhibitions or other shindigs in town during this weekend, let me know. I’ve heard about a couple Halloween costume parties, and I might attend. A friend of a guy friend is throwing a yacht party, and I’ve stopped just short of threatening him with physical harm if he doesn’t take me along ;) I’ve never been on a yacht. I’ll let you what, if anything, happens with that invite. In the meantime, since we’re talking about political stuff, here are a few reader favorites from the news & politics section of FUNKY BROWN CHICKÂ® over the years:
- I’m Twanna, And I’m Running for President. If you were to run for public office, what would your platform be?
- Divorce & the Nip Tucked Kidney. Samirah said one of her coworkers gave her sickly husband a kidney, but then the dude left her. I joked: “In the divorce settlement, I would have asked for my kidney back.” I figured I’d never actually be in that hypothetical situation. No one would. Well â€¦
- Would You Raise an Intersex Child? A mini-documentary from Current TV. It’s short.
- Iâ€™m Straight, And I Say Fuck Hate. “If you donâ€™t want gay marriage, then donâ€™t marry someone with the same fucking junk in their undies. Pretty fuckinâ€™ simple.”
- Do I Sound Black? A fellow black woman in media casually told me black people donâ€™t have sex.
- In Pictures: Tuesday, November 4, 2008. Election Day.