One of the internet’s “sultriest sharers”
— Village Voice
Top “10 Black Women Teaching Us about Sex”
— Clutch magazine
Social Media Week’s “Movers & Shakers” / “Top Influencers”
“Straight-but-not-narrow” sex columnist
“This women is absolutely amazing.”
— Women Making Moves
For press inquiries, visit contact page and enjoy digital media kit. See TV & film and hear radio appearances from CNN, NBC, NPR, Sirius, Paris Premiere, CBC, and Wine Library TV with Gary Vaynerchuk. Additional select press mentions are below.
- Psychology Today, singles commentary included in unmarried equality roundup.
- Slate covered an art exhibition featuring Twanna and other online writers.
- The San Francisco Chronicle, interviewed by columnist Jeff Yang for interracial dating article, Opening the Box.
- New York magazine, excerpted FUNKY BROWN CHICK® commentary on their article Married Man Seeks Same for Discreet Play stating, “The magazine was also chided for presenting William’s situation as novel. ‘This isn’t a new discovery on Amsden’s part,’ wrote FUNKY BROWN CHICK®, ‘Didn’t E. Lynn Harris establish his entire writing career, in part, by crafting books about life on the down low?”
- EbonyJet, commented on Black Weblog Awards win, “If there is any common thread in Black blogs other than the blackness of their writers, it’s an unflinching willingness to aggressively examine and challenge contemporary Black culture [...] There is a wealth of smart, insightful and witty writing talent — the kind that mainstream publications seem not to be able to find when they seek diversity.”
- Vibe, included FUNKY BROWN CHICKÂ® in one of “The Ultimate 100 (Sites We Hit Up Every Day)”